Tripping and falling can be a dangerous and startling occurrence. Often times the result can lead to serious injuries that are costly and require a period of recovery. When a trip or fall incident has occurred, a crucial component is to establish that a property owner has failed to maintain the premises to be safe and hazard-free. A knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can help to evaluate the situation and evaluate the potential to recover compensation by pursuing a premises liability lawsuit.
Premise liability actions can result from hazardous conditions such as:
- Broken stairs or railings
- Uneven surfaces such as parking lots, poorly maintained entrance-way mats
- Cracked sidewalks and flooring
- Spilled debris, merchandise or other objects that have not been properly cleared
- Failing to issue a warning for a hazardous area
- Holes that are not marked or patched in a timely manner
If you suffer from an injury that result in permanent damage such as head, neck and back injuries or brain injuries or scarring, it is essential that a medical professional properly documents the injuries and the required follow-up care is provided.